Resource Dump! (old stuff)

Community Resources

Avivo Community Support Program612-752-8000 — Three focus areas: FoodWorks, NatureWorks, and ArtWorks. Each program offers unique activities, online via Zoom, as well as in-person outdoor drop-in opportunities for community-building and connecting to resources.

CAPHC Car Program952-930-3541 — Repairs for income-eligible Hennepin County residents with documentation.

Don’t Call The Police — An online directory of local resources available as alternatives to calling the police or 911.

MaskMVMT Mask Delivery — MaskMVMT is a volunteer organization that collects and distributes free cloth masks to the community on request.

MPD150 — Organization working toward a Police-free Minneapolis. A hub for mutual aid resouces.

PCs for People — Individuals and families that meet eligibility requirements can receive a computer, computer repair, internet service, and learning resources.

Transformative Black Led Movement Fund (TBMF) — This fund will support Black communities, including organizations and individuals.


Cyber-Seniors1-844-217-3057 — Free tech help for seniors with their phones, tablets and computers (over the phone or via video call with trained technology mentors) — now offering assistance in English, Spanish and French

Geographies of Abolition — A reading list from Southern Solidarities, a group of folks supporting New Orleans’ unhoused communities.

Hennepin County Libraries Homework Help— Tutors, Online Learning Resources, etc. (requires Hennepin County Library Card)

Learn About Transformative Justice — A resource hub to learn about Transformative Justice.

Minnesota Afterschool Advance — Application for a Chromebook / educational assistance / afterschool activities for those that qualify.

Saint Paul Public Schools Distance Learning HelplineFamilies that need assistance with Distance Learning, call 651-767-8347. Students that need technological support, call 651-603-4348.

Spread Tutoring — Socially-responsible tutoring service that is committed to both, providing high-quality tutoring services and closing the gap in education inequality.

Sprout Distro — An enormous collection of Anarchist zines on Security, Direct Action, Organizing, and so much more.

Supporting Children — Discussing racial injustice, violence, trauma, and anti-racism.

TechPacks — This initiative brings computer, internet and digital literacy training into the homes of Ramsey County residents who have experienced economic impacts due to COVID-19.

Transformative Justice — A list of educational videos, articles, and toolkits focusing on healing, community accountability, and transformative justice.


CAPHC SNAP Application Assistance952-930-3541 — Assistance and information for those applying for SNAP (Food Stamp) benefits.

Free Produce Distribution Sites — A list of distribution sites for free produce created by Second Harvest

Hunger Solutions1-888-711-1151 — Food HelpLine helps assess the caller’s situation and provide solutions to their food needs.

Minnesota Food Helpline — for information about food resources or help with SNAP applications, call 1-888-711-1151 (M-F 10am-5pm)

TC Food Justice — A place to request or donate food, with a focus on vegetables, fruits, and nutrient rich breads because hunger relief organizations often find it challenging to consistently provide fresh food options for their clients.


MaskMVMT Mask Delivery — MaskMVMT is a volunteer organization that collects and distributes free cloth masks to the community on request.

MN Mental Health Providers of Color

MN Poison Control1-800-222-1222 — For all poison emergencies and questions. Poison experts are available 24/7.

Our Justice — Free curbside Plan B, free pregnancy tests, funds to pay for abortion, lodging assistance for abortion care in the Twin Cities.

PPE Request — A place for aid sites or organizations to request PPE if they’re within the Minneapolis City Limits.

Red Door Clinic612-543-5555 — Anyone can get Narcan (a medication used to stop heroin or other opiate overdose) without a prescription at Red Door for themselves, friends or family members: Health Services Building, 525 Portland Ave, 4th Floor in downtown Minneapolis


Adult Shelter Connect612-248-2350 — Reservations for Adult Shelters in the Twin cities. Over the phone only, no walk-ins.

CAPHC Rental Assistance952-930-3541 — Rent assistance for Hennepin County residents.

CAPHC Water Assistance Program952-930-3541 — One-time payments toward water and/or sewer bills for those in financial distress.

Hennepin County Emergency Assistance — Residents in Hennepin County who have been financially harmed by COVID-19 may qualify for emergency rental assistance.

HOME Line 612-728-5767 — Provides free and low-cost legal, organizing, education, and advocacy services so that tenants throughout Minnesota can solve their own rental housing problems.

Housing Help MN211 — MN COVID housing assistance program for tenants and homeowners. The funding can be applied towards rent, mortgage, utilities, home insurance, and other housing related expenses.

Minnesota Energy Assistance Program1-800-657-3710 — Helps pay home energy costs for low-income households.

Simpson Housing612-874-8683 — Housing, support, and advocacy for people experiencing homelessness.

St. Stephen’s612-874-0311 — Provides street outreach, shelter, and supportive housing.

Tenant Resource Center — 612-302-3180 — Resource Hub for Hennepin County Residents who have financial issues with housing due to Covid-19.

Tubman612-825-0000 — Crisis resource line, family violence shelter, housing for youth in crisis and emergency legal services. Referrals required and/or fees associated with some services.

Twin Cities Solidarity Network — Mutual defense group of workers and tenants that deals with problems with landlords and bosses, and also helps people organize and strengthen unions and tenant associations.

ZACAH — Support for Minnesotans facing poverty and the threat of displacement and unsheltered homelessness, especially from marginalized religious, socioeconomic and ethnic communities.

Legal Services

HOME Line612-728-5767 — Provides free and low-cost legal, organizing, education, and advocacy services so that tenants throughout Minnesota can solve their own rental housing problems.

Mid-MN Legal Aid612-334-5970 — Attorneys, staff, and volunteers handle civil legal matters for Minnesota’s most vulnerable people for no charge.

National Lawyers Guild — Legal Support Hotline 612-444-2654 (for support in the event of arrests at a political demonstration). To request legal observers for a planned action, contact

Tubman612-825-0000 — Crisis resource line, family violence shelter, housing for youth in crisis and emergency legal services

Mental Health

Child Crisis612-348-2233 — Mobile crisis teams for Children, ages 17 and younger. They may choose to send police.

COPE612-596-1223 — Mobile crisis teams for adults, 18 and older. They may choose to send police.

Crisis Text Line741-741 — Free help across the state; text “MN” to 741-741

Fast Tracker833-437-3466 — Linking people to mental health and substance use disorder services with real time availability.

Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault — Resources on finding support, advocating as a survivor, and caring for yourself.

Minnesota Warmline651-493-6634 — Peer support for mental health recovery, support and wellness from 5PM-10PM, Monday through Saturday. ***NOTE*** Warmline will provide support, but are not necessarily trained to provide crisis care.

National Suicide Hotline1-800-273-8255 — 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, as well as prevention and crisis resources.

Trans Lifeline877-565-8860 — Anonymous and confidential counseling and assistance for Trans individuals. If in crisis, they will not call police unless you request it.

Sexual Violence Center612-871-5111 — Respectful, confidential services to survivors, their friends, and their families free of charge. Free counseling support (up to 10 sessions) to review options and resources.

Social Services

Interpretation Support through Hennepin County: 612-348-2193 (M-F 8am-4:30pm).

Minneapolis 311 — Provides information about City Services (need to report a pothole? lost cat? etc.) Call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Office of Multicultural Services612-348-2193 — Speaking 32 languages, this office connects immigrants and refugees to resources and services offered by the county and our community partners.

United Way 2-1-1 — Curated local social services including food, shelter, utilities assistance, healthcare and more.

%d bloggers like this: